Dr. Ursula Mandel Scholarship at University of California, USA 2018
Applicants are invited to apply for Dr. Ursula Mandel Scholarship to conduct doctoral programme in fields related to medicine. The scholarship will cover up to $15,000 which are applied to standard tuition unless the awardees has another tuition-payment source.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities: No citizenship requirements. Also open to registered California AB540 undocumented students. Funding will be provided only if AB131 is still in effect for the duration of the fellowship
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be applying to or current doctoral students at UCLA in scientific fields related, allied or of value to the medical field. Applicants must have a doctorate as their current degree objective at UCLA. Must be nominated by their department, IDP or school.
Method of Application:
- The mode of applying is online.
- An unofficial copy of your Graduate Transcript with Fall 2017 grades posted. The transcript printed from MyUCLA is acceptable. Do not submit a Degree Progress Report (DPR). If Fall Quarter is your first graduate term at UCLA, please include an unofficial transcript from the last college/university attended even if the last university was UCLA.
- Students who have incomplete grades that remain unresolved (i.e., “I” grades) must provide a statement explaining the reason for the incomplete(s), the steps that will be taken to resolve the incomplete(s) and the timeline for doing so.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty member who will serve as the mentor. The mentor does not have to be from the same department/program as the applicant. o In Step 3 of the online fellowship application process, provide the name and email address of the recommender. The system Graduate Student Financial Support 157 will then send your recommender an email with instructions as to how to submit the letter online as a PDF document. The recommender will not need to email anything to the Student Affairs Officer.
- It will be the student’s responsibility to ensure that the letter has been submitted on time. The online site will provide information about the status of the letter’s upload.
- The letter of recommendation is due on or before the GSRM application deadline. Applications missing the letter of recommendation will not be reviewed.
- The mentor should describe the mentoring relationship and the paper that the student will complete during the summer. If a mentoring relationship has already been established between applicant and faculty member, the letter should distinguish between ongoing and additional mentoring activities that would occur during this period.
- If there is a document that should be in landscape position and it is in portrait position, please rotate it before you upload it.
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 17, 2018
PhD Fellowship at University of Bordeaux, France 2018
Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Bordeaux, France. This person will be working in the Chimie des Nanomatériaux team. This project will be developed under the supervision of Dr. Glenna Drisko.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: For this study, a chemist with spray drying or aerosol experience is needed. Skills working under air-free conditions using a glove box and a Schlenck line and experience in solution processing (e.g. dip-coating, spin-coating, etc.) are desired. Ideally, the candidate will have experience in the following characterization techniques: Ellipsometry, XRD, electron microscopy, porosimetry and optical spectroscopy. A good level of scientific English is required. Candidates who obtained their thesis from Bordeaux or who previously held a post-doc position in the ICMCB will not be considered.
Method of Application: The application will include a complete CV, a letter of motivation, and 2 of the candidate’s publications. Letters of recommendation can be optionally included in a single PDF with the letter of motivation. The application should be written in English and submitted through the Laboratory of Excellence AMADEUS website http://amadeus.labex.u-bordeaux.fr/en/Jobs/ job opportunity ref: 2017 AMADEus 064.
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 20, 2018
Department of Chemical Engineering PhD Scholarships at NTNU in Norway, 2018
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is a public research university with campuses in the cities of Trondheim, Gjøvik, and Ålesund in Norway, and has become the largest university in Norway, following the university merger in 2016.
Applicants are invited for PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowships available for research work on onboard hydrogen generation system. The appointment of the PhD candidate has a duration of 3 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension with 25% teaching duties in agreement with the department. The appointment of the Post Doctor fellowship has a duration of 2 years.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for PhD and Post Doctoral programme
Nationalities: Norwegian and international applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have a master degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of studies and an average grade of A or B within a scale of A-E for passing grades (A best) for the two last years of the MSc.
Method of Application:
- Applications with CV, certificates from both Bachelor and Master, possible publications and other scientific works, copies of transcripts, (copies of documentation on English language proficiency test) and reference letters should be submitted.
- The reference number of the position is: NV-125/17
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
100% Funded PhD Scholarships for at Heriot-Watt University in UK
The Flow Assurance and Scale Team (FAST) in the Institute of Petroleum Engineering at Heriot-Watt University is inviting applicants for it’s fully -Funded PhD Scholarships to conducts research on the prediction and prevention of oilfield scale. The scholarships are available to UK, EU and international students.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should be educated to BSc or Masters degree level in a relevant scientific subject.
Eligible Nationalities: UK, EU and international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Method of Application:
- Applicants can apply via online.
- Please select PhD programme Petroleum Engineering and include the reference ‘EGIS2017FAST’ on your application. You will also need to provide a CV, a supporting statement, a copy of your degree certificate and relevant transcripts and one academic reference.
- You must also provide proof of your ability in the English language (if English is not your mother tongue or if you have not already studied for a degree that was taught in English).
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Killam Trust Scholarships at University of Alberta, Canada 2018
The University of Alberta is delighted to offer its Killam Trust Scholarships to pursue doctoral programme or thesis research during the fall and Winter Terms. The scholarship is exclusively open to international students.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for Doctoral programme or thesis research.
Eligible Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before start of tenure.
Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
Method of Application: Students complete the combined Killam and Andrew Stewart Awards application form and submit supporting documents to their
- A complete Killam and Andrew Stewart Awards Application includes:
- For Applicants: Killam and Andrew Stewart Applicant Instructions.
- Killam and Andrew Stewart Application Form.
- Two Letter of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards.
- Transcripts (if you have attended institutions other than the University of Alberta, copies of official transcripts are acceptable.
- Please request these well in advance from your department or the department may request it from FGSR, if necessary)
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15,2018
Fully Funded Postgraduate Research Scholarships at Leeds University in UK, 2018
The University of Leeds is accepting applications for its Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2018 entry, available across all disciplines.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate research programme.
Eligible Nationalities: UK/EU and International students can apply for these scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible you must:
- Be a UK/EU or International fee-paying applicant
- Have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent at undergraduate level
- Meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- Not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- Not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- Have applied for a research degree and be in receipt of a student ID number
To apply for a centrally funded research scholarship at the University of Leeds, you need to:
Stage 1 – First of all apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form and once you have received your 9 digit student ID number move onto stage two.
Stage 2 – Apply for scholarships by working your way through the questions on this form.
You will be asked questions on the following:
- Contact details
- English Language qualifications (if relevant)
- Nationality and residency
- Area of study
- Employment history, publications, prizes etc
- Further information – eg how did you find out about the scholarship
Method of Application:
Students can apply for the scholarship online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Engineering: January 12, 2018, Arts, Humanities and Cultures; Biological Sciences; Environment; Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Medicine and Health: March 9, 2018, and Business; Education, Social Sciences and Law: June 1, 2018
DAAD International Scholarships at M&B, Berlin 2018
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain (M&B) is an international and interdisciplinary graduate research school. It was established in 2006 and receives its funding through the Excellence Initiative (an ongoing German Federal and State Governments initiative since 2006 to promote excellent science and research at German universities), the Einstein Foundation Berlin, and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
A number of Mind & Brain and DAAD scholarships will be available to the best applicants to study at Berlin School of Mind and Brain (M&B) in Germany. This scholarship is open to all students with or without secured funding.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: Academic background:
To be able to apply for the doctoral program, students must have completed (or be in the process of completing)
- Master’s degree (with thesis, usually two years)
In a field related/relevant to mind/brain research, e.g.
- Cognitive science
- Computer science
Method of Application: Students will be admitted by the School’s Scientific Council on the basis of a competitive, internationally open application procedure that starts with an online application and includes further steps. Please read the instructions below carefully before you start with the online application process.
Please upload only:
- PDF files
- Do not password-protect or lock your files!
- Please do not insert spaces or special characters in the files names.
- The max. individual size of files: 5 MB
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
Fully Funded PhD Scholarship at University of Southampton in UK, 2018
Applicants are invited for Fully Funded PhD Studentship to conduct research in Empirical Banking and commencing their studies in October 2018. The scholarship will offer full tuition fee and maintenance funding for 3 years.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities: UK, EU and overseas applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Criteria: Applicants must be a postgraduate research students admitted full-time onto its PhD programme and commencing their studies in October 2018
Method of Application:
- Please ensure that in the online application form you enter in the dedicated spaces:
- The title of the research area: “Empirical Banking”.
- For funding, that you wish to be considered for the 2018/2019 Faculty PGR Scholarship.
- As part of the application you will be required to submit a CV, research proposal, degree certificate and transcripts, two academic references and proof of English language proficiency. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of interview arrangements between February and March 2018.
- The awards will be allocated by end of April, with the outcome being communicated to the candidates in May.
- To apply please follow the ‘Online Application’ link given below:
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
Annual PhD Scholarship Competition at Ulster University in UK, 2018-2019
The Ulster University has announced Annual PhD Studentship Competition for the academic year 2018-2019. Students from UK and international students at university are eligible to apply. The PhD Studentship is awarded in various field offered in University. English language profecincey is a top requirment.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities: UK and international students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should hold, or expect to obtain, a first or upper second class honours degree in a subject relevant to the proposed area
- of study; applicants deemed by Senate to hold an equivalent qualification will also be considered.
- All applicants should also hold a relevant English language qualification. All applications for studentships will be considered on a competitive basis and with regard to the applicant’s qualifications, skills, experience and interests.
- Applicants should be aware that the competition for funded entry is very high. It is important that all parts of the application process are completed in accordance with instructions. All applicants are advised to discuss their application with the staff noted within the project description prior to submission.
- Applicants should note that disclosure of disability or personal circumstances should be made as part of the application process or as soon as possible thereafter in order to facilitate any necessary accommodation.
Method of Application: In order to be considered, your application must be completed in full, including:
- All information on existing qualifications and transcripts
- Funding details or requirements
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Names and addresses of referees
Applications are made by using the online application system – the right information and and advice to make a successful application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 19, 2018
Doctoral Scholarships at Lincoln University in New Zealand
Lincoln University, Newzealand is offering Lincoln University Doctoral Scholarships to New Zealand and International Students. The aim of scholarship is to support postgraduate study and research in the university. You can apply for the scholarship via post. Deadline for submission is 1st october 2018. The number of scholarships to be awarded in any year shall be determined by the Vice-Chancellor. However the current value of the award is $21,000 per annum.
Course Level: doctoral programme only.
Eligible nationalities/ Targeted Students: Scholarships are available to New Zealand and international students.
Eligibility Criteria: Scholarships will be open to applicants who have gained entrance into a Doctor of Philosophy at Lincoln University. If a candidate awarded a scholarship under 3(1) above does not become eligible to register for Doctor of Philosophy at Lincoln University by 1 March in the year following the award, then the award will lapse.
Method of Application: Applications shall be submitted via post. The application form must include:
- A completed application form.
- A statement of your research topic, this should be approximately half to one page in length.
- A current Curriculum vitae.
- Two academic references as per the application form.
- A copy of Lincoln admission letter.
- Photocopies of all tertiary qualifications, the grading system and graduation certificates for each qualification gained other than those studied at Lincoln University.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 1, 2018