The avalanche of free or virtually free scholarships, fellowship and similar educational openings pushed to Intervention has compelled the opening of a regular listing of such opportunities for those academically, culturally and financially situated to take advantage. The listing would be published as sent by the respective universities unedited. In the age of global diffusion, such might be well worth it. Intervention offers no guarantee whatsoever about any of the offers, the universities making them nor exerts any influence on the processes (of securing or failing to secure the admission and the award or visa). But most if not all the universities involved are established names in the academic world.
2018 SPDC-JV University Scholarship Programme For Nigerians
Applications are invited for the SPDC-JV University Scholarship Scheme which is offered by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture).
This scholarship program is provided to Nigerians who have interest in pursuing an Undergraduate degree program in any Nigerian University.
This scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
(i) National Merit Award (NM) Open to all Nigerians.
(ii) Areas of Operation Merit Award For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States
Course Level: Undergraduate
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must – be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in Nigeria
– be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
– be in 200 level with a minimum grade CGPA of 2.5
– be a student of an accredited and approved University in Nigeria- have a minimum of five credits, at one sitting, including O/Levels Mathematics and English
– have a minimum of 200 score in UTME
Method of Application:
Interested applicants are advised to take the following:
– All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication).
– All applications must be done online, via https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply
– Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
i)The Paramount Ruler of the Community;
ii)The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).
This is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards. The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
- a) There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
b) Shell does not demand payment from applicants and does not assign ‘agents’ or ‘representatives’ to assist applicants.
c) Maximum document size must be 200KB and image format must be JPEG.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Scholarship Application Deadline: Wednesday December 20, 2017.
MSc Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students at Cranfield University, UK 2018/2019 –
Cranfield University is delighted to launch the Cranfield Sub-Saharan Africa Merit Scholarships for 2018/19. We have multiple scholarships worth £4,000 each towards tuition fees.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Cranfield University, UK
Course Level: Masters
Fields of Study:
- Finance and Management MSc
- Investment Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Management & Corporate Sustainability MSc
- Management and Entrepreneurship MSc
- Strategic Marketing MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Management MSc
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Students from countries in Sub-Saharan Africa applying to commence full-time study in one of the eligible Masters courses listed above.
- Applicants must be graduates with a first class honours or upper second-class honours undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: £4,000 for tuition fees
Duration of Program: 1 year
Method of Application:
- Applicants wishing to be considered for this Scholarship should be applying to a full-time Masters degree in an eligible course and indicate their interest on their course application form.
- If you have already applied for admission and wish to be considered for a Cranfield Scholarship you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a short submission highlighting your achievements and reasons that you should receive a bursary. Please include your full name, Cranfield ID number and course name in your email.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 25th May 2018
Award Providers: Cranfield School of Management
- Successful applicants will be notified in June 2018.
- Please note that this scholarship cannot be used with any other scholarship from Cranfield University.
PhD Fellowship Programme at University of Toronto 2018 – Canada
The University of Toronto Faculty of Arts and Science(FAS) is offering fellowships to outstanding recent doctoral students from any university in any country.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Any research discipline across Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
Course Level: Fellowship
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all
- requirements for their doctorate degree no earlier than May 1, 2016.
- Candidates cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Candidates may be citizens of any country, and from any university. Please note that successful international candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- The application deadline is December 6, 2017, with start dates no earlier than May 1, 2018 and no later than December 1, 2018. Decisions will be made in mid-March 2018, and successful applications will have 6 weeks from the time the decisions are announced to accept or decline the fellowship.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: These fellowships pay a stipend of $45,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum of two years.
Method of Application:
- Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com)The form includes a one page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography are not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com).
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 6th December, 2017
Award Provider: University of Toronto
MSc Scholarships for International students at University of Leeds 2018/2019
Up to 5 Tetley and Lupton Scholarships are available for international students for Session 2018/2019 wishing to undertake a one-year full-time taught Masters, Masters of Research and Masters by Research degrees in any Faculty.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University of Leeds, UK
Course Level: Taught Masters, Masters of Research and Masters by Research degrees
- Applicants MUST first apply for the relevant programme of study and be in receipt of a Student ID
- Number1/Application ID Number to be eligible for a Tetley & Lupton Scholarship. Applications without a valid ID Number will be rejected.
- These awards are only available to applicants who would be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate;
- Applicants must normally hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the ‘best of the best’ (eg, successful applicants are likely to be in the top 5% of their BSC/BA cohort) Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have already metthe University’s English Language requirements by 1 February 2018. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is normally no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds. Examples of an acceptable English Language Standard can be found at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/projectleeds/info/123100/admissions/143/entry_requirements;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification;
- Awards must be taken up in September 2018;
- The awards are available to suitably qualified applicants wishing to commence full-time mastership study (oneyear full-time taught Masters, Masters by Research and MRes programmes of study);
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Selection Procedure: Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The Group on Scholarships, Studentships and Prizes then meets to consider the shortlists and select the successful applicants and reserves. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application within 8 weeks of the closing date. The University will publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
Number of Awardees: 5
Value of Scholarship:
- The award will cover fees at the University of Leeds International rate – capped at £22,000.
- Applicants are expected to cover their own maintenance costs.
- There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
Duration of Scholarship: 12 months in total full-time
Method of Application: Once you are in receipt of your Student ID Number/Student Application ID Number please click on the following link: https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/centrally-funded-masters-postgraduate-scholarships-2018 which will take you to the online application form.
Please be aware that you may be required to provide 2 academic references to the relevant School in support of your scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 17:00 (UK time) 1st February 2018
Award Provider: University of Leeds
Important Notes: Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application.
MSc Scholarship for Engineering and Physical Sciences in UK, 2018
The University of Surrey is pleased to announce the call for the international scholarship to pursue master’s degree in Engineering and Physical Sciences. These scholarships are exclusively open for overseas applicants.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover £2,500 – £5,000.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligible Countries: International
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- An offer holder for a full-time
- programme in one of the above departments.
- Achieve either a 2:1 or a 1stclass honours degree or equivalent
- Apply for their chosen programme within the permitted timeframe and confirm their wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline
- Be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
- Be self-funded (you must be paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship, whether that be an external scholarship or any other university-funded scholarship)
- Meet all the conditions of your offer
- English Language Requirements:The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Method of Application:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show how you meet, or expect to meet, the entry requirements
- Evidence of English language level (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your passport (if you need a visa to study here)
- A personal statement (for non-research programmes)
- A research proposal (for research programmes only)
- Contact details of two referees
Scholarship Application deadline: Applications are open for 2018 entry
PhD International Fellowships at The University of Pittsburgh, 2018
The University of Pittsburgh’s Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences is offering Dietrich School Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowships for two years, starting in August 2018. The University of Pittsburgh embraces diversity and inclusion, “Helping to attract and retain a diverse regional population and University community through the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body, faculty and staff.”
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Scholarship Award: Fellows receive an annual stipend of $47,476.08, a $4,000 annual research/travel allowance, and a $1,500 one-time moving allowance. The University provides a relatively comprehensive package of fringe benefits, including medical insurance, participant-paid dental and vision insurance, life insurance, eligibility to participate in the University’s tuition scholarships program, and a retirement plan allowing personal tax deferral to TIAA/CREF with no University match. Fellows have access to additional benefits which currently include: University libraries and recreational facilities, computing and networking services, and fare-free public transportation.
Eligible Nationalities: Non-US citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: University invites applications from qualified candidates who have satisfactorily completed all requirements for the PhD degree, including any oral defence, by March 1, 2018. Individuals who completed all such requirements before June 1, 2016, are ineligible.
Method of Application: Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation table of contents
- Two-page statement of research interests outlining the goals of the research you will undertake during the term of the fellowship
- Two-page statement of teaching interests and philosophy
- One-to-two page diversity statement, in which you share how your past, planned, or potential contributions or experiences relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance the University of Pittsburgh’s commitment to inclusive excellence
- Writing sample or excerpt of no more than 20 pages including references and appendices.
- Course proposal including the subject area, a brief syllabus and proposed methods for a 15-week course directed towards advanced undergraduate or graduate students
- Three letters of recommendation (Applicants must submit the names and e-mail addresses of three recommenders via the application page. Each recommender will receive an e-mail promptly with a link to upload the letter; applicants will receive a confirmation email as each letter is uploaded. It is the applicant’s responsibility to coordinate with recommenders so that they have ample time to upload after the applicant submits his or her application. Letters will not be accepted by direct e-mail or postal mail, nor will they be accepted after February 23, 2018, at 5 p.m. EST. Applicants who use Interfolio’s online application delivery system need to apply several days before the deadline to ensure that letters arrive on time. Any applicant who has not completed the Ph.D. at the time of application should request that at least one recommender confirm his/her expected oral defense date (if any) and graduation date in his/her reference letter.
- Scholarship Application Deadline: February 16, 2018
Oppenheimer Fund Scholarships for South African Students at University of Oxford 2018
Oppenheimer Fund is offering Postgraduate Scholarships for South African Graduate students to study at University of oxford, UK 2018.
Course Level: Graduate
- You should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
- You must have previously studied at a South African university.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Number of Scholarships: Two (2)
- Method of Application: In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. All eligible candidates who apply by the deadline will be considered; there is no separate application process for this scholarship.
- Visit the Scholarship Webpage
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 8thor 19th January 2018, depending on your course
- Sponsors: Oppenheimer Fund
Tuition Waiver Scholarship for MSc Students at University of Eastern Finland 2018
The University of Eastern Finland is awarding tuition fee waiver scholarships for international students. A generous scholarship scheme covers the tuition fee either in full or partially for students who are required to pay tuition.
The Master’s Degree Programme in Information Technology (IMPIT) offers an international Master’s degree in IT at European standards in two years. The aim is that most students are employed by a Finnish ICT company when they graduate.
The University of Eastern Finland is a university in Finland with three campuses in Joensuu, Kuopio, and Savonlinna. It was formed in 2010 by a merger of two previously independent universities.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Information Technology (IMPIT).
Scholarship Benefits: Either 100% or 80% of annual tuition
Eligible nationalities: International students (except EU/EEA) can apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Students who are required to pay the tuition fee. BSc. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications Engineering or equivalent degree corresponding at least three years of full-time higher education academic studies.
Method of Application: Each application must include the following documents
- Official transcript of university records from the home university in English, or an officially certified translation of it.
- A certified copy of BSc. diploma or equivalent (OR a statement of expected graduation, if the BSc degree has not been completed yet, OR a provisional BSc certificate)
- Motivation letter
- An introductory video file of an applicant uploaded into a video-streaming service such as youtube/vimeo/tudou. Link (URL) to the video has to be included into the application form. The maximum duration of a video is 2 minutes. The video should include the introduction, educational background and possible merits of the applicant. The video must be reachable from 31.1.2018 – 31.3.2018.
- Letter of recommendation from a local academic authority, preferably known to the UEF
- Generally recognized English language certificate mailed directly from the test administrator (in case of IELTS, also a copy of the result sheet is accepted) OR a certificate stating language skills, if one of the specific conditions for language skills is fulfilled (mentioned at the bottom of this page)
- Passport copy/other documents of identification
- Optionally, an example of a link to own individual work in English (research paper, report, , art, literature review, documented software, and similar). This should be translated into English or Finnish.
Upon applying for admission to the program (a separate section in an admission form)
- Make sure that you fulfil the admission requirements and have all the required documents enlightened
- Fill out the application form in an online application system and attach the required enclosures.
- Send all the required documents to IMPIT programme, University of Eastern Finland, Admissions Office.
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
PhD Fellowship in Theoretical Physics, Switzerland 2018
CERN is offering Non-Member State Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme to study in Switzerland. They are granted for two years and can exceptionally be extended to the third year. CERN’s people are driven by a shared goal, a single purpose. They want to achieve the impossible, to do what’s never been done before. Everyone here strives to be the best they can be, true specialists and industry “firsts” are created regularly – not just in the world of physics.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Theoretical Physics.
Scholarship Benefits: Fellow will get salary, leave, insurance, travel expenses, family allowance etc
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available to the students who are not the nationals of a CERN Member State.
Eligibility Criteria: You should not be a national of a CERN Member State. Nationals from the CERN Member States (irrespective of their current place of study and/or residence) should
apply to the ‘standard’ Fellowship Programme(link is external). You have a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics (or are about to finish your thesis) and are looking for a postdoctoral position. You have a maximum of 10 years of research experience after the degree which gives access to doctoral programmes (MSc or equivalent).
Method of Application: The mode of application is online.
- a completed electronic application form
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a list of publications if relevant (for collaborations, please indicate simply the number of publications and only provide details of the most important ones)
- a photocopy of the last (highest) qualification
- a short (half page) description of your motivation for coming to CERN
- three letters of recommendation to give as broad as possible overview of your academic and/or professional achievements
- A short description of your research interests
The application and all supporting documents should reach CERN (or be submitted using the e-recruitment system) by the closing date. Candidates should upload their documents such as their curriculum vitae, publications, research interests etc. directly into our e-recruitment system (e-RT). Recommendation letters can also be uploaded directly or sent to the Recruitment Service by email, fax or postal mail (contact details are available here). Candidates will receive an automatic email when these documents are attached to their application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 15, 2018